I foolishly regret saying the end of my work on the beta.verge-rpg.com forums was, in fact, nigh.
I am getting close to done. It’s just that the management of forums also requires work on the teams/games sections of the website that I was hoping to put off until later.
Here’s a list of things accomplished since my last post:
- Added uservoice to the layout of beta (and production!) for feedback.
- Generalized forum displaying.
- Added forum url_key setting.
- added /forum/find (so you can find forums you’re allowed to see, and add them to your main listing)
- added breadcrumbs to the forums.
- created functions to list all visible forums to the current user.
- Added SEO stuff to the template.
- Added nofollows to links that performed actions rather than showing pages.
- Updated to YUI 2.7
- fixed an annoying bug where a forum with no messages (ie, a newly created forum) wouldn’t render at all.
- Created a service to look up usernames that was integrated with a YUI autocomplete widget. This’ll mainly be of use moving forward with the team creation page.
Currently on revision 225 in the SVN repository.
The good news is that I have more time to work on this, as my train-based commutes now let me think and hack!
The bad news is I am like a week late with this Gruedorf post :(