Unfortunately I’ve been busy again, so I let my obligation slip by a day. It’s been odd because I’m not sleeping in my house (due to Dethmöld) which has been making me feel a whole lot better. But it is impacting quality time with my computer!
After Hypnogourd (the original SotS musician from 1997, and my ol’ highschool chum) dropped by www.verge-rpg.com recently and said, unequivocably, that it was dead. I tried to convince him that the google analytics said it wasn’t dead, just untalkative due to the site needing maintenence, but he wouldn’t hear it.
My plan is as follows:
- Finish up Forums
- Recode a robust upload/download system as fast as possible.
- import the existing docs system from the existing vrpg
This week I’ve:
- tightened up url-rewriting.
- Converted everything to mysql_real_escape_string()
- made sure editing posts wouldn’t double all newlines.
- made sure editing posts wouldn’t double all slashes.
- resolved testing issues that made beta.verge-rpg.com not agree with my local sandbox
- set up things to assist Overkill in getting beta.verge-rpg.com’s codebase to run on his local sandbox.